Date(s) - Mar 31
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
National Association of Social Workers
2017 Clinical Social Worker of the Year
The Clinical Social Worker Network of the National Association of Social Workers, Connecticut Chapter is pleased to announce the 2017 call for nominations for the Clinical Social Worker of the Year Award. This award will be given by the Clinical Social Worker Network to a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) in recognition of outstanding service in the field of clinical social work.
CRITERIA FOR AWARD
- The awardee must be a Connecticut licensed clinical social worker in good standing and NASW/CT member in good standing.
- The awardee’s primary focus and employment is in direct clinical social work practice in an agency or private practice. The nominee must be engaged in direct practice with clients for at least 20-30 hours a week.
- The LCSW must be nominated by a least two letters of support by two clinical social work practitioners, or one clinical social work practitioner and one professional person who works directly with the nominee in the capacity of supervisor, co-worker, or any other person to whom the nominee’s work is known. Because of the nature of clinical social work practice, no comments submitted by clients, past and present, will be accepted.
- In conjunction with what others consider good, effective, direct clinical practice the awardee will be engaged in other activities related to clinical practice. The activities deemed for consideration might include the following:
- activity that enhances the area of clinical social work practice
- activity that inspires other clinical social workers to broaden and deepen their clinical skills
- activity that contributes to clinical social work practice knowledge
- activity that promotes knowledge and visibility of clinical social work practice to the general public and in the profession of social work as a whole
- a commitment to improving clinical social work practice
- a willingness to share her/his work with others, with the purpose of mentoring teaching, supporting colleagues toward enhancing the practice of others
- a commitment to regularly examining her/his own practice toward the goal of improving her/his own effectiveness with clients.
TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS SEND THE LETTERS OF NOMINATION DESCRIBING HOW THE NOMINEE MEETS THE CRITERIA OF THIS AWARD
Send to: Clinical Social Workers Network, NASW/CT, 2139 Silas Deane Hwy., Suite 205, Rocky Hill, Connecticut 06067. Include contact information of the nominee and nominators.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2017